Franklin Creek State Natural Area Trails
Four and one-half miles of hiking trails are marked and maintained at the park. All trail markers are numbered and clearly shown on the park map to help you follow the trails. The Mill Springs Handicapped Trail is a unique, concrete-surfaced trail suitable for people of all mobility levels. The trail leads to the beautiful Mill Spring and possesses an easy rating.
All other trails possess a medium difficulty rating. Pioneer Pass is highly recommended to see the park’s unique, natural beauty. The three creek crossings on Pioneer Pass are wet at this time pending the construction of footbridges.
- Address: 1872 Twist Road Franklin Grove, IL 61031
- Phone: 815-456-2878
- Web: https://www.dnr.illinois.gov
Key To Hiking Trails
- Yellow – Mill Springs Trail ( 0.3 miles )
- Red – Pioneer Pass ( 1.85 miles )
- Blue – Norwegian Hill Trail ( 1 mile )
- Orange – Black Bass Trail ( 1 mile )
- Purple – Quarry Pass Trail ( 1 mile )