Nachusa Grasslands Trails
The 3600-acre Nachusa Grasslands preserve is being restored as one of the largest and most biologically diverse grasslands in Illinois. There are several “Self Guided” hiking trails on the grasslands that are open most of the year with exception of hunting season. Bison can be viewed from outside the bison fenced units only. Binoculars are helpful.
- Big Jump Trail ( 1.08 miles )
- Clear Creek Knolls Trail ( 2.39 miles )
- Stone Barn Savanna Trail ( 2.04 miles )
- Meiners Wetlands ( 60 acres to traverse )
- Carpenter Prairie ( 0.58 miles )